Shamanic Wedding Ceremonies
I am an ordained minister through the Circle of the Sacred Earth which is one of the few recognized churches of animism and shamanic practice. I offer wedding ceremonies that are shamanic and earth centered. These ceremonies are customized for each couple to reflect their spiritual and personal needs.
What is present in every ceremony is a closeness to the spirits of nature and the cosmos and a very practical appreciation for the importance and deep commitment of the ceremony.
Some of the more common elements of the weddings I officiate are:
- Handfasting- the ceremony of tying cords around the couples wrists while the vows are recited. These cords are then kept as they are infused with the blessings of the spirits and the power of the vows spoken.
- Limpia- a Peruvian purification involving the spraying of flowered waters and sweeping with a fan of dried leaves from the chacapa plant.
- Smudging- a purification technique where the couple is bathed in the smoke of medicine plants and herbs.
- Drum Blessing- The calling forth of the blessing of the spirits through medicine song and drum. This can also be done by having the couple surrounded by several drummers, such as the wedding party.
- Blessing of the Rings- calling forth to the spirits of the Divine Father and Earth Mother to touch the rings with their presence and blessings.
- Pipe Blessing- a Native North American ritual where the Sacred Pipe is loaded with tobacco, prayed with for the blessings of the marriage, and then smoked to seal the union.
Scheduling a Wedding
Please contact me with questions or if you would like to discuss
planning a wedding ceremony at 732-859-7386
Wedding ceremonies are $300